22 January 2008

Tendring Topics

                    Homeless and Helpless?

 

A Correction

 

            The broadsheet that I most often read frequently publishes a list of corrections of typographical and factual mistakes made in recent issues.  They can be quite amusing at times.

 

            Mine are not – and I am shocked at finding myself having to follow my newspaper's example quite so early in the life of on-line 'Tendring Topics'.  In my 'Homeless and Helpless?' article below I twice referred to the Quaker organisation supporting the homeless as Quaker Housing Action.  That was incorrect.  The correct name of the organisation that I generally know simply as QHA is Quaker Homeless Action, a title which much more accurately reflects its activities.

 

            No, don't 'put it down to his age'!  It was simple carelessness and I apologise.

 

            I have just realized that one advantage that an on-line article has over a printed one is that – provided the error is spotted early enough – readers will see the correction before they see the error!

No comments: